Sunday 6 March 2011

Between The Barlines - The Beatles, Morrissey, Treefight for Sunlight, Gypsy & The Cat, Sleigh Bells

Hello, and welcome to Music at Musings... No, that isn't right, is it?

Hello, and welcome to...




BETWEEN THE BARLINES!

I actually didn't come up with this myself, I hasten to add. xXLadyBugXx suggested it back at the end of December, thank you so much! I simply cannot believe that I have left you all without a Music at Musings Between The Barlines for three entire months, so this is going to be a good one! Shall we get started? Yep! Yahoo!

The Beatles - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away



So I was going to include Eleanor Rigby, but I want to keep this first Between The Barlines a fairly cheerful one, so that's for next time. What? This song isn't cheerful at all? But there's a flute! And a tambourine! Oh, never mind. It's still a brilliant song. Great lyrics too.

Morrissey - In The Future When All's Well



So, this song has been rattling around in my head in the past while. Rattling? That sounds unpleasant. Let me do that again.
So, this song has been floating around in my head in the past while, and I daresay it'll be there for a long time yet. (AAAAAAAAAH EXCITEMENT) In my opinion, In The Future When All's Well sounds very sad, as it doesn't feel that Morrissey thinks he's going to get his lovely future. But he's still hopeful enough to sing about it, which is nice. (Eleanor, you've outdone yourself. That is the most meaningful thing you've probably written in a Music at Musings Between the Barlines. Well done.) Oh, thank you! You're so nice.

Treefight for Sunlight - Facing the Sun



What a lovely video. First there's a lot of twenty-somethings running around, and fair play to them, they don't seem to get tired at all. Ah, they look so happy. Then they run into a forest and then there's a caravan and OH MY GOD THE CARAVAN IS FLYING AND THIS IS A FANTASTIC SONG AND WOW WOW WOW

Gypsy & The Cat - The Piper's Song



This song makes me feel very happy and relaxed, and is really great now we're in spring, and conjures up images of dancing in fields in long swishy dresses under a warm sun and a blue sky. While a piper pipes. Come on. Don't tell me you're foot's not tapping or your head's not bopping listening to this. I dare you.

Sleigh Bells - Riot Rhythm




This is the new single from Sleigh Bells' album Treats (brilliant, by the way) and I am awfully glad they decided to release it, as I think it is very good. And that is all I am going to say on the matter. I am going to leave you to form your own opinions on the matter, as I never let you do that, and here I am, doing it now. You're welcome.

Well, that's all we've got time for this week! Lock the doors, turn off the lights, and sleep tight. (Heh heh heh)

Eleanor Roscuro

No comments: