Monday 7 June 2010

Music at Musings: Florence + The Machine, The Heathers, Lena, Marina And The Diamonds, Daisy Dares You, Fleet Foxes, Bat For Lashes


I had to split this Music at Musings in two, because I wanted to show you fourteen different artists, but that was too much. So there's seven here, and seven in the next Music at Musings. Now, this is the part where I enthusiastically tell you to crank up your speakers.

Florence + The Machine - Cosmic Love

Yep, it's her new video, Cosmic Love! I love this song. 02 Ireland used it for their 02 Blueroom ad, so it's really popular here. She's also contributed a song, Heavy In Your Arms, to the Eclipse soundtrack. I'll probably write a post on that too, but I have a rule that I don't get a movie soundtrack until/unless I've seen the movie first. So you'll have to wait for July.



The Heathers - Remember When

I hadn't heard of The Heathers until their song Remember When was featured in a thirty second ad on for Discover Ireland, for tourism. Now everyone likes it, including me.



Lena - Satellite

Instead of our fabulous Niamh Kavanagh, Lena from Germany won. And I voted for her, I still like her song. But only 25 points?! Oh well. And I love the Eurovision, I'm a huge fan. This, and block voting and all that comes with it, really depresses me. But enough about that. I like this song. So this is it.



Marina And The Diamonds - Mowgli's Road

I'm not sure when this video was released, but I love this song. It's so... feral. And I don't know why people say she's crazy. In a bad way, I mean.



Daisy Dares You - Rosie

I think this is even better than Number One Enemy. Number One Enemy is about Daisy's sister Scarlett, Rosie is about Daisy's best friend... I don't know why people have to sing about sex all the time. You know?



Fleet Foxes - Mykonos

This song makes me want to skip through forests, wearing flowery dresses with bare feet and flowers in my hair, with that dream boy... Sigh... And I love the geometry effect.



Bat For Lashes - Daniel

This makes me cry. (Still a good song though.)



And now I'll publish this, and get started on the next seven... See you then.

High-Fives,

EleanorLight

1 comment:

Ailish said...

I love Florence and all, but I don't really digg that video.. I think should could've done better.
I was just about to look up Discover Ireland to see what song that was! I'd just seen it again on tv. It's pretty over played.
I was dying watching the Eurovision. How embarassing. Seriously. I'm gonna enter, and win the damn thing. (I can't sing. But I'll win it.) Lena is uber cute though ^^, She made me miss German class.