Saturday 24 April 2010

Music at Musings: Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)


Twice a year, the Mobile Cinema comes to my school. (Bet you didn't expect to read that first sentence!) Last year, first year, our year saw Marley & Me (It was OK) and Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. I knew of the book series, but I hadn't read it, because I don't read a lot of Pink Lit, apart from Jacqueline Wilson, Cathy Cassidy, Lisa Clark, Meg Cabot... OK, maybe I do read Pink Lit. But that's not the point.

The film? I thought the lead actress's accent was unbearable (my apologies if anyone actually speaks like that, but I don't get much chance to talk to English girls my age from seaside towns who find their lives unbearable and have a cat) and the character of Georgia fussed way too much over little things, but Georgia Groome gave a very natural, wholesome performance that you could easily recognise. But the best thing about the film was the music. Seriously. So, thanks to iTunes (what would I do without it?) I found myself in love (I know I keep saying that, but I do love this!) with seventeen of the best songs I have ever come across, for €9.99. (Probably less in pounds. I hate exchange rates.)


Seventeen songs, some poppy and cute with xylophones (xylophones!!!) , some indie rock you can headbang to, and some slow, sad love songs that make me cry. All fantastic! Oh, and the two Stiff Dylans songs, Ultraviolet and Ever Fallen In Love are on it too! These are some of my favourite songs on the soundtrack:

Lenka - The Show

I'm sorry this is only a link, but there's two official videos for this fabulous song, but the one with Lenka in it is terrible, and embedding was removed on Youtube for this one, which frankly is much more brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8Ysr1BgmQ

Mumm-Ra - She's Got You High


Mumm-ra - She's Got You High on muzu.tv

Kate Walsh - Your Song



The Maccabees - Toothpaste Kisses



Oh, Atoms - Sugar Mouse



The Pigeon Detectives - I Found Out



The Pipettes - Pull Shapes


The Pipettes - Pull Shapes on muzu.tv

The Ting Tings - Great DJ


The Ting Tings - Great DJ on muzu.tv


The Coral - In The Morning



The Coral - In The Morning on muzu.tv
High-Fives,

EleanorLight

P.S. A little Quote Of The Week here; my mom was telling my dad and I about someone's niece getting top marks in university, in her early twenties, and throwing it all away to go to a closed nunnery in England, not even leaving for Christmas! And I said 'You shouldn't become a nun until you're eighty, then you've nothing else to live for except God.' I just want to remember that...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging is one of favourite films, and everyone I know says I look exactly like Georgia. Personally, I don't think I look a thing like her, although my nose does resemble Jupiter. I love the Stiff Dylans and have downloaded a few of their songs off iTunes.
Molly x
http://herbe-verte.blogspot.com/

P.S I am Welsh and I am picky with accents, but I found Georgia's okay compared to otehrs I have heard.

XxLadyBugxX said...

ahhh! so happy you done a feature on the music from "Angus,Thongs and Perfect snogging"! i love some of the song had them on my ipod for ages!! P.S. I absolutely love, love , love Your Blog! its amazing!;D

Aoife. said...

A quick 'thank you' for following my blog. =) Nice to see another Irish blogger out there in the blogosphere!

Eleanor Roscuro said...

XxLadyBugxX: Thank you so much! I love my blog too! ;)

Ace-Of-Aoife: It is nice to find another Irish girl blogger! We're endangered!