Thursday 19 November 2009

Interesting Experiences Part Do

Let's continue.

NUMBER THREE!!!

For my birthday I decided I wanted to go to Tramore with my family. So we brought Theo, our Jack Russel aswell. The waves were huge. It was terrifying. They were like the life-threatening ones you see in Hawaii.

So we got chips from Dooly's and sat on a wall happily eating them. We were watching a man play with his dog, throwing a plastic bottle. They were having great fun and it was lovely to
watch.

The man was still grinning at us when the wave hit him.

He didn't see it at all.

His head bobbed out of the water a few times. Then nothing.

We sprang up, as did ten other people who were there. Someone got the nearest lifebuoy, but the rope attached was tangled up and people were wasting time untangling it.

Then, without thinking, I started running.

I ran halfway down the promenade to get another lifebuoy. But I'm not a fast runner. It was only when I stopped at the lifebuoy that I realised how tired I was. I started running again, but I was slower. Then a girl ran up to me. She held out her arms and I gave her the lifebuoy, then she started running. I ran back too.

Four men balanced on the wall, risking their lives to get the man in the water to grab the lifebuoy. My mother was screaming 'Someone hold those men! They're going to fall!' My dad was talking to 999.

The man was pulled out of the water. He was awake and conscious. Then the Gardai came and asked a lot of questions. An ambulance arrived eventually and took the man away. We left then, not knowing whether the man was going to be OK.

NUMBER FOUR!!!

What shall I call you, my readers? My darlings? Chicas? Ladies? Readers?

Mum's on the warpath! Gotta go!

No comments: